Sickle cell anemia - resourcesResources - sickle cell anemia
The following organizations are good resources for information on sickle cell anemia:
Sickle cell anemia
Sickle cell disease is a disorder passed down through families. The red blood cells that are normally shaped like a disk take on a sickle or crescen...
- American Sickle Cell Anemia Association -- www.ascaa.org
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/sickle-cell-disease
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute -- www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/sickle-cell-disease
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America -- www.sicklecelldisease.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/index.html
Review Date: 10/21/2018
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.