Victim assistance - resourcesRape - resources; Resources - rape
Domestic violence is when a person uses abusive behavior to control a partner or other family member. The abuse can be physical, emotional, economic...
Sexual violence is any sexual activity or contact that occurs without your consent. It may involve physical force or the threat of force. It may oc...
- Administration for Children & Families -- www.acf.hhs.gov
- The National Center for Victims of Crime -- victimsofcrime.org
- National Organization for Victim Assistance -- www.trynova.org
- Office for Victims of Crime -- www.ovc.gov
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) -- www.rainn.org
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline -- www.thehotline.org
Support group counselors - illustration
Counselors sometimes work with a group of people (support group) to help identify problem issues and direct members towards understanding and personal wellness.
Support group counselors
Review Date: 10/21/2018
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.