Cleft palate - resourcesResources - cleft palate
The following organizations are good resources for information on cleft palate:
Cleft lip and palate are birth defects that affect the upper lip and the roof of the mouth.
- Cleft Palate Foundation -- cleftline.org
- March of Dimes -- www.marchofdimes.org/complications/cleft-lip-and-cleft-palate.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/CleftLip.html
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association -- www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/cleftlip
- Operation Smile -- www.operationsmile.org
Review Date: 10/21/2018
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.